Denied visitation due to schedule, what can I do?

Asked 9 months ago - Atlanta, GA

Juvenile Court awarded visitation supervised and now the supervisor has denied me visitation due to her "need" to go on a vacation. What can I do?

1. Daniel Ellis Rice

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . If the designated supervisor (assuming it's not the other parent) is a third-party, you may be able to agree on a reasonable substitute during that person's vacation, or try getting an agreement (preferably written for future purposes if necessary) to allow unsupervised visitation for the same period. Otherwise, you may have to find another way to engage in visitation (e.g., phone, email, Skype or similar webcam talking, instant messaging) during the interim.

2. Samuel Eugene Thomas

2

1

Answered . I agree with Daniel, you may want to get this modified to avoid any of this madness in the future. I wish you luck!

3. Thomas Richelo

Answered . It's not clear from your post whether this vacation is a one-time event. If it is, you may consider whether it's just not worth it to fight this. If this is a recurring event, then you have more reason to seek some modification.