Denied unemployment after being fired for retaliation.

Denver, CO |

i worked for a company for years, only receiving praise of my performance. i complained of sexual harassment and questioned a directive to do something that is illegal. I was fired a month later. i was given a letter which stated reasons that are inaccurate. I can prove they are inaccurate. I filed for unemployment and was denied for willful misconduct. I have filed a complaint with the EEOC and that is already in process. I am going to appeal the unemployment. what are my chances of getting unemployment? any advice on how to get approved? Thank you.

Your best chance to win the unemployment hearing is to have an experienced attorney represent you. Your chances are probably pretty good as the hearing officers tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the unemployment claimant.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

You really do need legal help in this situation. Use this AVVO website to find an experienced employment law attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Recommended articles about Employment