Denied unemployment after being fired for retaliation.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

i worked for a company for years, only receiving praise of my performance. i complained of sexual harassment and questioned a directive to do something that is illegal. I was fired a month later. i was given a letter which stated reasons that are inaccurate. I can prove they are inaccurate. I filed for unemployment and was denied for willful misconduct. I have filed a complaint with the EEOC and that is already in process. I am going to appeal the unemployment. what are my chances of getting unemployment? any advice on how to get approved? Thank you.

1. 1

Answered . Your best chance to win the unemployment hearing is to have an experienced attorney represent you. Your chances are probably pretty good as the hearing officers tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the unemployment claimant.

2. Answered . You really do need legal help in this situation. Use this AVVO website to find an experienced employment law attorney.