Denied nonimmigrant visa renewal for misrepresentation

Yatahey, NM |

I went to the US at the end of 2007 under an F1 student visa to earn my academic degree. After my 1 year visa expired, I went back home for avacation and to renew my F1 visa as well after I was admitted in one of the universities. I was shocked that my visa renewal has been denied with a note that says 212(a)(2)(C)(ii) and the embassy representative told me the reason behind the refusal is marriage fruad. Now, I do remember that someone close to me offered me such a thing in order to live in the U.S but I've never proposed to anyone and I didn't talk to any girl in person regarding this matter because I was aware of the seriousness of such an issue. I went in 2010 to Australia and I earned my degree successfully with no law violations at all. Is there a possibility for a waiver in my issue

Depends on whether you can prove you did not engage in marriage fraud.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thanks for your quick response Mr. Ferrari. How would I prove such a thing? I'm ready to take further steps in this matter if there's any hope.