Denied nonimmigrant visa renewal for misrepresentation

Asked about 2 years ago - Yatahey, NM

I went to the US at the end of 2007 under an F1 student visa to earn my academic degree. After my 1 year visa expired, I went back home for avacation and to renew my F1 visa as well after I was admitted in one of the universities. I was shocked that my visa renewal has been denied with a note that says 212(a)(2)(C)(ii) and the embassy representative told me the reason behind the refusal is marriage fruad. Now, I do remember that someone close to me offered me such a thing in order to live in the U.S but I've never proposed to anyone and I didn't talk to any girl in person regarding this matter because I was aware of the seriousness of such an issue. I went in 2010 to Australia and I earned my degree successfully with no law violations at all. Is there a possibility for a waiver in my issue

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Depends on whether you can prove you did not engage in marriage fraud.