Denied my asylum case by a judge, can i file my appeal myself or do i need a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

I went before the judge a week ago and was to file an appeal.

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

12

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

7

Answered . i strongly advise you to hire an attorney experienced in asylum issues

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

5

Answered . You can do anything you want yourself. That does not make it a smart thing to do. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and advise you as to the options available and how best to proceed.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . You have the RIGHT to appeal by yourself. I would not advise you to do so though. Hire a lawyer.

One or more answers have been taken down.