Denied In-state tuition in North Carolina because my PR Card is coded CF1

Greensboro, NC |

Hello Everyone,
I am a permanent resident with code CF1. I applied for in-state-tuition in North Carolina and was dennied. The North Carolina residency manual does say that Condition permananet resident do qualify to apply. Please I need your adivise before proceesing to appeal the decision. Thanks

Higher a local lawyer to make that argument on your behalf.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

This is not an immigration question but that of the state law.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You would need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to argue that point. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law