Skip to main content

Denied I-130 (4) a brother under 245i & I-130 by daughter

Corona, NY |

at my asylum court hearing in 1997, the judge told me that if my diseased husband, a winner of DV 98 was not able to gain me a green card then I should go to my country. The dv98 was denied and I received a letter to leave US within a year. Is my situation considered immigration proceedings? If yes which box should I check on my I-130 application item 16?: Removal, Exclusion Deportation, Rescission, or Judicial Proceedings. My brother petitioned for me under 245i whiles I was in US with a priority date of April 30, 2001 I was scheduled for interview April 4, 2013 and was denied on bases of ineligibility under 212(a)(9)(B)(2) . As/embassy Accra my daughter could petition for me with a waiver of that ineligibility along with an I-212 waiver of the deportation order.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your narrative is confusing. Where in the world are you located at this time? Are you in Ghana? If you need a waiver of inadmissibility pursuant to INA 212(a)(9)(B)(i)(II), then, as stated in INA 212(a)(9)(B)(v), you would need to show extreme hardship to your spouse or parent who is a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident. Do you have a spouse or parent who is a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident? If you do not, then you are not eligible to apply for a waiver under INA 212(a)(9)(B)(v).

I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


I agree. The hardship suffered by a US Citizen child does not count. Can you prove that you were out of the U. S. for more than ten years? If not, then the effort may prove futile ( e.g. Not worth the effort).

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer