Denied a B1/B2 under 214(b) TWICE in 2007. Will this impede a Green Card application in 2012?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bend, OR

I told the US Consul about my US citizen boyfriend when trying to obtain a visa to visit him in 2007 and so was denied under 214(b) (could not prove intention to return). That boyfriend is now my husband and he is petioning for me to get an IR1 visa. Am terrified my previous B1/B2 denial will come back to haunt us...

1. F. J. Capriotti III

9

1

Answered . Sleep well and talk to an attorney tomorrow ... this is a semi-repeat of another question which you asked.

2. Elliot M.S. Yi

8

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You may have options available to you but meet with an attorney to see what those options might be.

3. Allan Scott Lolly

Pro

7

Answered . It is good that you disclosed your relationship when applying for a B visitor visa to the U.S. Any denial of a visa will draw negative attention to your file. It causes an immigration officer to pause for a moment to look at your file and then start looking for problems. The visa denials are a small negative since you told the truth and the denials are old. I've included below some more information about applying for a B visa while dating an American.

This information is general in nature and is not legal advice to be relied upon for any particular matter.
  4. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.