Denied a B1/B2 under 214(b) TWICE in 2007. Will this impede a Green Card application in 2012?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bend, OR

I told the US Consul about my US citizen boyfriend when trying to obtain a visa to visit him in 2007 and so was denied under 214(b) (could not prove intention to return). That boyfriend is now my husband and he is petioning for me to get an IR1 visa. Am terrified my previous B1/B2 denial will come back to haunt us...

Attorney answers (4)

  1. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Sleep well and talk to an attorney tomorrow ... this is a semi-repeat of another question which you asked.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. Elliot M.S. Yi

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. You may have options available to you but meet with an attorney to see what those options might be.

    The Law Office of Elliot M.S. Yi, 2075 SW First Avenue, Ste 2J, Portland, Oregon, 97201; elliot@... more
  3. Allan Scott Lolly


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is good that you disclosed your relationship when applying for a B visitor visa to the U.S. Any denial of a visa will draw negative attention to your file. It causes an immigration officer to pause for a moment to look at your file and then start looking for problems. The visa denials are a small negative since you told the truth and the denials are old. I've included below some more information about applying for a B visa while dating an American.

    This information is general in nature and is not legal advice to be relied upon for any particular matter.
  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,834 answers this week

2,952 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,834 answers this week

2,952 attorneys answering