Delay in getting Green Card Interview

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

We filed in the New York City Office in late December 2012. We have been in the "Testing and Interview" stage since early February and received our EAD / AP Combo Card in late February 2013.

Given that it has been nearly 100 days since our application has been cleared to be scheduled for an interview, what is causing this delay? Furthermore, we have seen numerous cases that filed a few weeks after us get interview dates over the past week. We called the USCIS and they are putting in a Service Request.

Can anyone with knowledge of the NYC offices opine on this? Many thanks!!

1. Jesus Antonio Cachaya

Best Answer

Answered . Since the normal processing time has not elapsed I would give it a little more time. From my experience the interview date can take up to 6 months. If you are desperate you can always schedule an info pass and ask an officer personally.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Because the normal processing time has not yet been reached. Estimated processing times are always as posted on the USCIS website.