Skip to main content

Deffered entry of judgment for petty theft what else do I need to do.

Roseville, CA |

Hiii :) I was first charged with burglary and receive known stolen BUUUT I had a GREAT judge they dropped the charges to petty theft. And so I agreed to plead guilty if i agreed to Deffered Entry Of Judgment in the next 90 days. I know i need to take the classes, never go into the store, pay restitution but what else do I need to do to complete this.

Attorney Answers 3


You got a fantastic deal. You need to do everything you were ordered to do, and at the end you need to make sure it gets dismissed by the judge and get documentation to verify it. Good luck.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Take the classes, never go into the store, and pay restitution; if you were ordered to do anything else complete that as well, then get the Court to give you paperwork evidencing completion. Good luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Just talk to your lawyer to make sure you know everything you're supposed to do.

The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter without first directly consulting with an attorney about the particulars of your case.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics