Deferred form _ dose it matter if there are 2 people applying for the form with the same address?

Humble, TX |

have a spouse/boyfriend (common -law) been about 8 years dose it matter if we able to apply with same address? what can help him if he has some tickets nothing serious like a DUI for example public intoxication, loud music, no driver license, he has paid any outstanding balances he owes. he arrived about age 15, trying to enroll for his GED but college is full until January starts to enroll again. he has check stubs & is going to ask employer if they can give him a letter to say how long he has worked with this company. will it affect the company in any way if they do that for him? thank you so much for the great help you can give us.

1. No, it makes no difference that you are applying from the same address. But, your boyfriend must be either a high school graduate or in school. I doubt his employer will want to admit to hiring an undocumented alien. Talk to a lawyer to help him find ways to prove he was here 5 years. But, do not apply until he has his ged or is in school.

2. Same address should be fine. DUI not good. I encourage you to seek the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

3. I agree with both my colleagues.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. no, not at all. go see adan vega or bruce coane an excellent attorney

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.

5. You should bring in a timeline, all of the documents with your spouse, and consult in office with several attorneys in your local area about your matter.

Best of luck,
    John Vong
    Attorney at Law
    (832) 641-0461
    9950 Westpark Dr., Ste. 245
    Houston, TX 77063

DISCLAIMER This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in Texas.