Deferred Adjudication and probation is over, now seeing "Order Dismissing Proceedings?"

Austin, TX |

I was on Deferred Adjudication for a Obstruction of a Highway Passage way and it was over on February 1st of this year. Now I see "Order Dismissing Proceedings." Does this mean it'll be off my record and erased? Can I get a house without coming up as a criminal, a job, or hmm?

1. The matter is probably not sealed and will probably still show up on a criminal history report. It should not show as a conviction. It may be possible to seal this matter, however I don't think that an Obstruction of a Highway charge is going to cause you any problems with getting a house or job. Good Luck.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

2. It is not off your record, but it will show as a dismissal now. In two years youwill be able to have therecord sealed so that only the government can see it. Call your attorney back at that time and she can handle it for you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. If you successfully compelted the DADJ then you have no conviction on your record. Any form you fill out you can say you have no conviction and no criminal record. However, it will still pop up on your record as saying you were charged, given a DADJ, completed it and the case was dismissed. You need to consult with an attorney to help you out in getting the records sealed. That will officially remove it from your record.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.