Deferred action question

Laguna Hills, CA |

I filled for deferred action on aug 16, then got my receipt number on aug 22. My question is how much longer do I have to wait until my biometrics appointment is set

1. Thousands of people have been applying so USCIS is probably backed up. You might try calling the customer service line but they wil likely tell you to continue waiting. We don't know how long the wait will be since this is a new program and so many people are applying.

Andre Olivie
    Seattle Immigration Lawyer
    206-724-1940
    www.olivielaw.com

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague. The good news is that you got a receipt number. Now, the hard part is waiting.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

3. Unfortunately, no one knows the timelines yet. Good luck.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law -- thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com

4. It's hard to say - you can expect around a month, give or take a few weeks. No exact numbers on the wait time.

Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

5. I agree with the previous answers. The government has already granted a small number of approvals and it's great that you applied right away, so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer. Keep checking online and be patient.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.