Deferred Action Plan- Birth date error on legal docs

Asked almost 2 years ago - Long Beach, CA

I know someone who is going to attempt to apply for the Deferred Action Plan but his birth certificate has his wrong birth date. He was was registered in his country, a year later after his birth, therefore his birth certificate states his DOB as 11/22/1990 when he is 11/22/1989. All of his school records show his DOB as 11/22/1989 but his identification and passport show it as 11/22/1990. Will this cause an issue?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It could if he left the country and tried to get back in, it would be best to correct it now and take no chances

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,972 answers this week

2,859 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,972 answers this week

2,859 attorneys answering