Deferred Action Plan- Birth date error on legal docs

Long Beach, CA |

I know someone who is going to attempt to apply for the Deferred Action Plan but his birth certificate has his wrong birth date. He was was registered in his country, a year later after his birth, therefore his birth certificate states his DOB as 11/22/1990 when he is 11/22/1989. All of his school records show his DOB as 11/22/1989 but his identification and passport show it as 11/22/1990. Will this cause an issue?

It could if he left the country and tried to get back in, it would be best to correct it now and take no chances

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Recommended articles about Immigration