Deferred action law?

Asked over 1 year ago - Costa Mesa, CA

I came to the USA when i was 15 years and 11 months . when i tried to cross the border immigration stopped me and took finger prints and i lied about my age i told them i was 18 years old . Now my questions is if i still qualify for the deferred action i graduated from high school in 2005 , now I'm 26 years old .

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Belen Teresa Gomez

6

Answered . I see a few issues here: one is that you entered so close to your 16th birthday. You will need some kind of documentation to show that you did enter before you turned 16. Another issue is about the misrepresentation to the immigration officers and possible removal. USCIS has not stated that a misrepresentation will make a person ineligible for deferred action status however it may be an issue in your immigration case in the future. If the possible removal happened before June 15, 2007 you may still be eligible. I advise you to consult with an immigration attorney.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . If you meet ALL of the requirements, then yes.

4. Christy Han Mohan

Pro

Answered . There is not enough information in this post to properly address your question. You should consult with an immigration attorney about the particular facts in this case.

Sincerely,
    Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
    Immigration Attorney
    19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
    Phone: 949.222.5900 | Fax: 888.488.6431
    Email: christy@chmlegal.com
    Website: http://www.chmlegal.com