Skip to main content

Deferred action law?

Costa Mesa, CA |

I came to the USA when i was 15 years and 11 months . when i tried to cross the border immigration stopped me and took finger prints and i lied about my age i told them i was 18 years old . Now my questions is if i still qualify for the deferred action i graduated from high school in 2005 , now I'm 26 years old .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you meet ALL of the requirements, then yes.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I see a few issues here: one is that you entered so close to your 16th birthday. You will need some kind of documentation to show that you did enter before you turned 16. Another issue is about the misrepresentation to the immigration officers and possible removal. USCIS has not stated that a misrepresentation will make a person ineligible for deferred action status however it may be an issue in your immigration case in the future. If the possible removal happened before June 15, 2007 you may still be eligible. I advise you to consult with an immigration attorney.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman


Great answer!


I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


There is not enough information in this post to properly address your question. You should consult with an immigration attorney about the particular facts in this case.

Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
Immigration Attorney
19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
Phone: 949.222.5900 | Fax: 888.488.6431

This is not legal advice, no guarantees/warranties have been made, and no attorney/client relationship has been formed.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer