Skip to main content

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals - Entered the U.S. at 11 years old using a passport obtained with someone else's BC.

Beaumont, CA |

Someone I know is asking me my opinion on whether he should apply for DACHA . Here is his situation . At the age of 11 , this person came to the United States using a passport and VISA that he obtained in the American Embassy in Mexico by using his cousin's birth certificate . The passport has the cousin's name , but it has the person's photograph on it . Now he is wondering is he can apply considering the fact that he entered using someone else's documents to obtain a passport and VISA , and if he does apply , what type of entry should he write down ? EWE or 2 VISA ?

Attorney Answers 3


This is very legitimate question and is best answered at a consultation by an experienced immigration attorney.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


How about writing the truth? DACA maybe an option but this person should proceed with care. You would not try to fix your own teeth? Would you? Why trying to resolve one of the most important issues in that person's live should be dones through you and via public forum? Tell that person to seek professional help - best advice you can give.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Given that the this occurred when you were a child it shouldn't prevent you from obtaining the benefit. However, you will need to explain the situation carefully. This would be done best with the assistance of an attorney.

I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney who can review your situation in depth.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics