Deferred action and continuos residence, i only have a lease agreement for the year 2008, with all the receipts for my payments

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I am filing for DACA for the immigration program, i have only my lease agreement for the year 2008 but i rented a house from a family member, its not an apartment complex its a fmaily members house, but i did sign a lease, the utility bills never went in my name, just the lease, i have all the receipts for all the payments i made monthly, is this good proof for the year 2008, i have plenty of proof for the rest of the years, please advise me on this.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You may need additional proof - e-mails, social media, etc.? You can also get affidavits.

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You definitely need more proof.

    In situations like this, well prepared, detailed and convincing personal declarations become crucial.

    To assure success, I suggest you let an immigration lawyer help you prepare those declarations and otherwise put your case together for you.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Robert Kennedy O'Reilly

Renew your DACA Status

On June 5, 2014, the USCIS announced the procedure for persons who previously were approved for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). At Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP, we suggest that you... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,828 answers this week

3,307 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,828 answers this week

3,307 attorneys answering