Deferred action and continuos residence, i only have a lease agreement for the year 2008, with all the receipts for my payments

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I am filing for DACA for the immigration program, i have only my lease agreement for the year 2008 but i rented a house from a family member, its not an apartment complex its a fmaily members house, but i did sign a lease, the utility bills never went in my name, just the lease, i have all the receipts for all the payments i made monthly, is this good proof for the year 2008, i have plenty of proof for the rest of the years, please advise me on this.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . You may need additional proof - e-mails, social media, etc.? You can also get affidavits.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You definitely need more proof.

In situations like this, well prepared, detailed and convincing personal declarations become crucial.

To assure success, I suggest you let an immigration lawyer help you prepare those declarations and otherwise put your case together for you.

3. Christian Schmidt

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.