Deferred action and continuos residence, i only have a lease agreement for the year 2008, with all the receipts for my payments

Denver, CO |

I am filing for DACA for the immigration program, i have only my lease agreement for the year 2008 but i rented a house from a family member, its not an apartment complex its a fmaily members house, but i did sign a lease, the utility bills never went in my name, just the lease, i have all the receipts for all the payments i made monthly, is this good proof for the year 2008, i have plenty of proof for the rest of the years, please advise me on this.

You may need additional proof - e-mails, social media, etc.? You can also get affidavits.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You definitely need more proof.

In situations like this, well prepared, detailed and convincing personal declarations become crucial.

To assure success, I suggest you let an immigration lawyer help you prepare those declarations and otherwise put your case together for you.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.