Skip to main content

Deferred Action

Norcross, GA |

My Friend applied after me for deferred action and he already has his approval. Mine is still on initial review. Is this normal, or is it a sign that I got denied? Also yes I did correct filling, due to the receipts I got in the mail. I have been on initial review for about 2 months and 15 days.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. DACA can take up to six months to process. However, a number of applications are being delayed due to the lack of enough evidence. If an application requires too much evidence, then this may delay the creation of request for evidence letter.

    There have been denials, but two and a half months is not a long time to wait based upon the situation. If you are confused upon receiving a request for additional evidence, then I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

  2. I agree with my colleague. Just be patient and wait for a response. See it as no news is good news.

  3. I agree with my colleague; I have seen with my clients a time frame of approx 5-6 months for approval. Do not be overly concerned with a delay and don't compare yourself with others who may have also applied. There is no set time. In addition, it may just be a function of the particular officer who is reviewing your particular application. With respect to a Request for Evidence it is possible you will get one but the fact that it is still on review does NOT mean anything or indicate you will get an RFE. If you do get one or you wish to follow up go see an attorney immediately -- you should have kept a copy of everything you filed, so take that with you when you go see an attorney who has handled these types of cases. Final thought, you can call the USCIS toll free 1800 number for customer service if you wish, but that won't speed anything up.

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics