Deferred Action: I qualify for it but i dont have any proof for the year 2007 and 2009 can i write an affidativ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I came to the U.S when i was 5 years old, however i never could have anything under my name, bills, cell phone, rent, etc.. since i didnt have a valid i.d to acquire certain things, and now im lost because i dont have any proof, do i have to prove every month from June 15th, 2007- June 15th, 2012? i need some input, could people i know wirte these letters for me as addidtional proof, like teachers i have know since childhood? i would greatly appreciate your help, Thanks.

1. Margo Chernysheva

Pro

4

Answered . You do not need proof for every month. Affidavits from people who know you are not considered an "evidance out of your hands" because it is not an independent source -- people could write stating that you were here since 2009 because they feel sorry for you or want to help you. You need to provide enough independent information to establish that you were here for the duration of each year. So, even one independent piece of evidence per year plus affidavits may solve your issue. Here are some ideas for you: Did you go to school during those years; do you have dated photos of you with some landmarks to show they were taken in US, have you been claimed on a tax return as a dependent for someone, did you go to a doctor, hospital, or other public service place; did you receive immunizations; taken your dog to a vet, or signed any papers for anyone; received a traffic ticket, applied for a job and have dated rejection/acceptance letter addressed to you with a US address, Etc? Most importantly, find a good immigration attorney to assist you.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague ... be creative ... if you had teachers, you must have report cards.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Sit down with one of the fantastic immigration law attorneys in Colorado to fully understand your rights.

4. Lynne Rogers Feldman

Answered . it is best to have evidence from at least every quarter -- bank records, medical bills, Facebook updates, employment records, Sea World pass with your name on it, cell phone bills, be creative and think of what you were doing those years and how you can prove it -- dated pictures with U.S. landmarks in them. Call me and we can discuss options for you.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law