Deferred Action for 15 year old High School Student.

Brooklyn, NY |

My son is 15+ and is applying for Deferred Action (DACA). The application is complete and all the supporting documents sorted and attached. My question is, does he have to sign this application or do I have to sign it?
Also, since he is preparing for college and needs save he needs to work. Should he list any expenses on I765 work sheet along with his supporting explanation?

Since he is over 14, he needs to sign the application himself. People have different opinions on how to fill out the I-765 worksheet. Our firm's practice is to estimate the expenses as best as possible -- how much do you spend on food for him? clothing? medical expenses? -- and include a brief explanation that he needs a work permit to save up for college. Good luck!

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

he will sign the application. Also, this weekend in Long Island City there is a pro bono clinic to help people with DACA applications - you may want to wait a few days and attend have an attorney review the package

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

He should sign himself and explain that he needs to work so he can pay for college

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104