Skip to main content

Deferred Action- Can I use my paycheck stubs to proof my 5 year contiguous residence even if the stubs have my made up SSN?

Los Angeles, CA |

All my stubs have factual information except for the made up SSN xxx-xx-1234. Will the made up SSN be considered false information? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I agree that you should speak to an attorney. However, it is fairly routine for undocumented immigrants to prove their physical presence in other contexts using pay stubs (a particularly strong piece of evidence since most people won't pay you for hours you worked if you were not here). And, most of the time those pay stubs have an "incorrect" social security number. It is unlikely to reflect negatively on your application in my opinion.


You should meet with an attorney and have a confidential consultation to determine whether or not these documents would be the best proof of your residence.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


This could be a complicated scenario
I suggest having a lawyer look at he facts and advice you

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


Risky and complicated for both you, and the employer(s).

Meet with an attorney in private ... this week ... the rules will be out next week.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


You need to address your fake SSN on your petition in the appropriate manner so that it is not held against you.

Contact my office for a confidential consultation.

Best of luck,

Sanjay Paul, Esq.
(888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer