Deferred Action??

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I have been in the USA since i was 7 years old and left the country when i was 13 but come back and i have been hire since then. I have my high school diploma and and proof that i have been here for 5 years. My question is are runaways from home consider crimes.. does it affect my chance of being approved?

It is not a crime and if you came back under the age of 16 and otherwise qualify, you will be approved.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Generally speaking, running away from home is not a crime. Many states would consider you to be an unruly or delinquent child and this would be classified under juvenile or civil law. To be ineligible for DACA it has to be a criminal case. With that said, hire a lawyer to review your case before filing.

Being reported as a runaway is not a criminal offense. It is just a way for the police to know if they are handling a child that is missing.

Recommended articles about Immigration