Skip to main content

Defer Prosecution

Moses Lake, WA |

My Husband took a defer Prosecution in 05 He went to rehab completed a 2yr out pt and has no new charges not even a parking ticket but he has been unable to work due to a disability and we now raise our grandchild we are unable to pay the 2300 that is left owing Can they revoke it?? Is there a statue on things like this I don't think a person should be punished for being poor we barley get by But he has completed every thing else and Has been sober for 8yr now Any Ideas

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


He will have to pay it. I have never heard of a Judge being able to waive the requirment of payment for the program/treatment.


You appear to have asked this question twice. There are more answers here:


I would suggest setting a hearing in front of a judge to explain the circumstances. If your husband can show what his financial circumstances are, and can show a good-faith effort to try to make payments, that will help. The judge may cut him some slack, but is not likely to waive the payments altogether.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer