Skip to main content

Defendant is the State and they fail to appear

Belleville, IL |

My father passed awayand was representing himself on a dyed fuel case with the state of Illinois, what happens if I appear on his behalf but the state fails to appear

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Unless you are the administrator or executor of your father's estate, you can not appear for your deceased father. A lawyer will be needed to represent your deceased father as the litigation proceeds. In all likelihood the Estate of your father will need to substitute for him in the litigation. Regarding the State not appearing, we would need to know more, including whether the State was properly served.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer