Defamation of Character AND Emotional Damage? 1) Landlord is finally fixing elec after she is forced by City. Lied.

Lincoln Park, MI |

I have posted here before regarding my landlord's constant harassment. I have lived here w/o half electricity for half the time. Landlord refused to fix it until I finally called City. I had NEVER been late on my rent until July when I paid half in June for July and refused to pay other half til fixed. LL showed up today (no notice as usual) with 4th electrician. I allowed him in not her. Numerous times she has entered my home with & w/o me here with NO notice, just walked in. As the elec and I were in back yard she came and began screaming at top of lungs at me and telling elec that I never paid my rent and that I was too busy doing drugs. BOTH remarks are insane. Can I sue her for defamation of character? Police came and she told them the same lies.I was humiliated. All LIES.

Contact a local landlord tenant lawyer to discuss these issues in full