Defamation and Slander outside US

Lebanon, NH |

I am a US citizen who is currently living outside the US, even though my husband and I still own a home in NH. My husband has quite a bit of money and was unfortunately run over by a bus 2 years ago in the South American country where we currently live. He is incapacitated. I have been sued by three of my husband's siblings who would like to control my husband's money. The suits are full of easy-to-prove lies, defamation and slander. They include such claims as I tried to kill my husband to inherit his money and that I am a psychopath. The country were we are currently living has weak defamation laws, but one siblings suing me in So America is a US citizen who lives in CA. Is there anything I can do in the US as a US citizen to sue my brother-in-law living in CA for defamation?

1. Have a local lawyer send a cease and desist letter.

2. Contact a lawyer who handles defamation claims in the area where your brother in law lives.

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.