Defamation and Slander outside US

Asked about 1 year ago - Lebanon, NH

I am a US citizen who is currently living outside the US, even though my husband and I still own a home in NH. My husband has quite a bit of money and was unfortunately run over by a bus 2 years ago in the South American country where we currently live. He is incapacitated. I have been sued by three of my husband's siblings who would like to control my husband's money. The suits are full of easy-to-prove lies, defamation and slander. They include such claims as I tried to kill my husband to inherit his money and that I am a psychopath. The country were we are currently living has weak defamation laws, but one siblings suing me in So America is a US citizen who lives in CA. Is there anything I can do in the US as a US citizen to sue my brother-in-law living in CA for defamation?

Pro

2

Answered . Have a local lawyer send a cease and desist letter.

2. Timothy George Kerrigan

Answered . Contact a lawyer who handles defamation claims in the area where your brother in law lives.