Defamation, Wrongfully accused? I was fired at Jcpenney after five years i was accused of giving myself discounts. Not true.

Asked 11 months ago - New Baltimore, MI

I had managers approval for two different price match transactions as well as an ad from kohls they kept and stapled to their receipt.I was rung up from someone else not myself. I have witness plus they could have pulled up cameras to see we asked for managers approval over the phone but didn't want to. Can they lie about me like this? I received a letter from State of Michigan stating jcpenney claims this but has no proof so i am collecting unemployment. I went to a catholic school for eight years i would never do such a thing as steal etc. This reflects bad on my name and who I am. . They say innocent until proven guilty so I want them to take back the lie and something to be done. This was five years of my work experience..reference.

1. John F. Brennan

3

Answered . I am very sorry to hear of your problems and concerns but do not beleive that bringing a suit on your behalf would cover the costs which you would incur. I too am very jealous of my professional reputation for being honest and forthright. I am also aware that that does not mean that that is the universally held opinion regarding myself.
    In your case, it would appear that at least protested your application for him on that, most probably on grounds of employee dishonesty, and that they lost that case. Therefore if I was ever questioned by any person regarding your time at Penny I would simply respond that there was a misunderstanding, that there was an allegation regarding improper discounting and it was never sustained, and fact over turned by the state of Michigan administratively.
    I hope the above advice helps, and wish you well in the future.

2. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

3

Answered . Though I can appreciate your concerns it doesn't appear that your damages warrant bringing a claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

3

Answered . The cost of a lawsuit would likely far exceed a recovery if any.

4. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . The accusation and conduct of the employer as described here do not constitute actionable defamation.