Skip to main content

Deed to rental property housing community is null and void due to fraudulent entries in it. Do they lack power to evict ?

Newaygo, MI |

Deed to property is null and void due to fraudulent representations made by named parties in the document. As such with no legal authority named as owner are technically all potential evictions from the property deemed unlawful due to absence of actual ownership authority in place that can be legally verified by the deed to the real estate as having the power to evict as its owner ?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. I wouldn't say null and void, but certainly fight able, especially if you have the real owner come to court.

    My answer to you question does not constitute legal advice. Only an in person or telephone consultation will result in an attorney/client relationship. Call me at (313)402-0853 to discuss your matter further.

  2. Have the deed examined by an property law attorney. Doubtful it is "null and void" without some action begin taking against the owner, but it could help you. Or, you could just move and avoid the legal expense.

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

  3. I am not a MI attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.

    It is impossible to answer your question with the brief facts provided.

    Has a court declared a deed "null and void" - or is that your personal opinion?

    If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

  4. When something as valuable as real estate is at issue, at least a consultation with a real estate attorney should be sought for the sake of talking details.

    Please let me know if I can help further. Best of luck!

  5. I agree with my colleagues. If you are the one at the property and the deed giving you the right to be there has been declared null and void, then it is very likely you can be evicted. If the eviction proceedings are proper, then whether you have a right to be there or not, you are going to lose your rights. If the deed GIVING you the right to be there is nullified, that does not strengthen your position.

    I believe this is the second time you have posted on these facts and it is extremely difficult to decipher what is taking place. You really need to sit down with an attorney face to face to have your documents reviewed. In light of the proceedings at hand, I would suggest that happen, as soon as possible.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics