Declared Sole Benificiary to a Goverment Grant.

Asked over 5 years ago - Moreno Valley, CA

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE DURWALL GRANTS CO. ON SEP 18 2008 ALONG WITH A CERTIFIED CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF $4,470.00 IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME THAT THE CHECK I RECEIVED ALONG WITH THE LETTER IS THE PAYMENT FOR THE FEDERAL AND STATE TAXES ON THE GRANT AMOUNT THE LETTER SAYS YOUR APPROVED DOCUMENTATION WAS SENT TO OUR COMPANYS GRANT BOARD OF COMMISSIONS FROM THE PROCESSING OFFICE ALL DOCUMENTATION WAS EVALUATED BY OUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT AND YOU WERE DECLARED THE SOLE BENIFICIARY OF THIS GRANT .THEY DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY BANK INFO. OF MINE AND THEY NEVER ASKED ME FOR ANY ADVANCED FEE OUT OF MY POCKET. AND YES I DID APPLY FOR A GOVERMENT GRANT FOR DISABLED PEOPLE THIS IS ALL SO CONFUSSING PLEASE HELP IM WILLING TO FAX A COPY OF THIS LETTER TO A LAWYER WHOS WILLING TO RECEIVE IT ALONG WITH OTHER INFORMATION THAT I HAVE THANK YOU THERES GOT TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE WHOS WILLING TO TAKE THE TIME TO RECEIVE AND LOOK OVER THIS INFORMATION I WANT TO SEND.

1. Robert Scott Williams

Pro

Answered . Sounds like a scam. If you deposit the check, they will then have your bank information. The check will bounce, and the will, or at least they will try, to steal your money. Disability funds are not usually taxable. So why all the discussion about paying state and federal taxes on the money. You know such taxes are not typically paid up front. Please throw this stuff away. If you filed for a grant program, please contact these folks to see if the correspondence is from them before you do anything. But I suspect it is not from them.