Declaration Regarding Service Of Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-141), how many versions must be submitted to the court?

Asked about 2 years ago - Burbank, CA

I am in the end process of my divorce. I am the petitioner. Soon to be Ex is the respondent, who is a citizen of another country and who lives out of the country. I submitted our final packet at the end of May to the LA, CA courts and I received a rejection letter today, stating that we did not submit form FL-141. It seems I overlooked this one. Everything else is completed and this form is all that is needed. Do we each (myself and wife) need to fill out and sign one for the Preliminary Declaration AND one for the Final Declaration?
Also, line 4. I am a bit confused as to how both of us are supposed to fill this section out? Spouse and I are agreeing to split anything/everything 50/50, she keeps all her things, I keep all mine, etc. All very straightforward and simple.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Tobie Brina Waxman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, you both need to complete and file the form FL-141. If you have an agreement, then the final declaration of disclosure can be waived.

    Look at the Judgment check list provided by the LA Superior Court:

  2. Margaret Davalene Wilson

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You both need to fill out form FL-141 unless you are proceeding by default. If by default then only the petitioner needs to file FL-141

    Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is... more
  3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This is a very interesting case, you state that your wife is out of the country and that you have an agreement in place, I am wondering if you had your agreement notarized by a consular Officer in that country and whether the Family Court Judge has said anything regarding the validity of the Agreement. I would advise that you send the FL-141 to your wife and ask her to sign it and have her attach a Notary Affidavit, prior to submitting it to the Court. Or at least ask the Judge, if the notarization is required. Anyone else has any input on this issue?

    I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,597 answers this week

3,220 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,597 answers this week

3,220 attorneys answering