Decision on an insurance arbitration - does it carry both ways? How can it affect my position?

Humble, TX |

My liability insurance went to arbitration with the other insurer's company. I am 100% fault free of the loss, and my insurance will not make payments. Will that decision also apply on the claim I filed on the other insurer - the other party insurer is giving me a hard time. Also, how does such arbitration decision affect any personal injury claims from both sides?

I was told before the arbitration that any decision will be binding. - Not sure how does translate, because a lot of posts I read from AVVO says that decisions in arbitration or mediation does not carry that much weight. So what is it?

1. Arbitrations between insurance companies are a way they allocate losses between themselves. Such awards have no bearing on whether your claims will be paid. If you were injured, you need a lawyer. Insurance companies generally take advantageo f people who are unrepresented.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

2. If the at-fault person's insurer is giving you a hard time, you should get a lawyer

3. The arbitration is not binding on you just the insurance companies. If the other insurer is giving you trouble and you have significant injuries, then you should hire a board certified personal injury lawyer who will work on a percentage fee.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

4. The arbitration is between the insurance companies, and doesn't affect your claim.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com