Decision on an insurance arbitration - does it carry both ways? How can it affect my position?

Asked over 1 year ago - Humble, TX

My liability insurance went to arbitration with the other insurer's company. I am 100% fault free of the loss, and my insurance will not make payments. Will that decision also apply on the claim I filed on the other insurer - the other party insurer is giving me a hard time. Also, how does such arbitration decision affect any personal injury claims from both sides?

I was told before the arbitration that any decision will be binding. - Not sure how does translate, because a lot of posts I read from AVVO says that decisions in arbitration or mediation does not carry that much weight. So what is it?

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

6

Answered . The arbitration is not binding on you just the insurance companies. If the other insurer is giving you trouble and you have significant injuries, then you should hire a board certified personal injury lawyer who will work on a percentage fee.

2. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

7

Answered . Arbitrations between insurance companies are a way they allocate losses between themselves. Such awards have no bearing on whether your claims will be paid. If you were injured, you need a lawyer. Insurance companies generally take advantageo f people who are unrepresented.

Pro

6

Answered . The arbitration is between the insurance companies, and doesn't affect your claim.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Scott Douglas Camassar

5

Answered . If the at-fault person's insurer is giving you a hard time, you should get a lawyer