Decision can not be made about your application after passing test

i had a naturalization interview last week in Irving Texas. i am married to a US citizen, and i applied after 3 years of getting my first green card. I passed the test, and the officer was asking questions as she browsed through my 2 big files. He asked mainly about my marriage, my trip outside (about 35 days absence). He also asked about my previous marriage, where my ex was and if she remarried. About child custody and support. And he also wanted a tax return and i gave it to her. He then made me sign my photos, and my N400 form and another form, to verify my name. he then handed me form N-652 and he said he wanted more time to go over my files because they were too big and i will get a response . On there was ticked the Decision can not be made about your application. please help.

Fort Worth, TX -

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

The officer needs to review your file, so you should wait 90 days before sending any inquiry.

Meghan Anne Abigail

Meghan Anne Abigail

Immigration Attorney - Irving, TX

It sounds like he truly wants time to review your files. Just give them a little time and don't worry too much for now. If they need something from you they will ask.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

USCIS has 120 days from the date of the interview to make a decision.

Related Advice