Decision can not be made about your application after passing test

Fort Worth, TX |

i had a naturalization interview last week in Irving Texas. i am married to a US citizen, and i applied after 3 years of getting my first green card. I passed the test, and the officer was asking questions as she browsed through my 2 big files. He asked mainly about my marriage, my trip outside (about 35 days absence). He also asked about my previous marriage, where my ex was and if she remarried. About child custody and support. And he also wanted a tax return and i gave it to her. He then made me sign my photos, and my N400 form and another form, to verify my name. he then handed me form N-652 and he said he wanted more time to go over my files because they were too big and i will get a response . On there was ticked the Decision can not be made about your application. please help.

It sounds like he truly wants time to review your files. Just give them a little time and don't worry too much for now. If they need something from you they will ask.

2. The officer needs to review your file, so you should wait 90 days before sending any inquiry.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. USCIS has 120 days from the date of the interview to make a decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.