Deceased individual's name being used as a grantee on property. Is this blatant identity theft?

Pasadena, CA |

A family member passed away in 2011. He owned property. I looked into some public property records and noticed his name was being used as a Grantee, i.e., a Grantor service named him as the Grantee, and per Title, read Reconveyance on this property he owned.
I also saw on tax lien attached to his name, along with someone's else's name.
Thank you.

1. Any person using someone else's name for any purpose is identity theft. There is a lot of information missing to tell you exactly what to do about this but I would bring it to the attention of the police.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."

Social security topics