Debt Collection

Ephrata, WA |

In 2003 I bought a truck from Ford. In 2005 I lost my job and could not afford it anymore so instead of having it repossed I turned it in myself. Thought I was doing the right thing. Then I was sued by Ford Motor credit. I went to court and signed a judgement against me for around $16,000. This happened in Missouri.
What I need to know is if they eventually sold this truck and were still getting payed by me is it legal to recieve 2 payments for the same vechile or would I just be liable for the difference

The procedure in repo of cars is very specific and a violation of the law could help you against the creditor. See a consumer lawyer in your area. I do not practice law in your state.
For a consumer lawyer in your area, go to
http://naca.networkats.com/members_online/members/directorya.asp?token=

Want to know the law? Sign up for our free newsletter on varies areas of the law by sending an email to amjrpamail@aol.com and requesting the newsletter, or go to www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com.