Dear Sir/Madam My I-130 was rejected because the check was incorrect

Asked over 1 year ago - Richardson, TX

My I-130 was rejected because the check was incorrect, basically I name the check for USCIS instead of Dept of Home Land Security.

I have 2 questions:
1/ I must send everything back, but with a correct check on top.
2/ Could I send new application included addition: I-130, I-485, I-765? is that a good idea?

Please tell me what should i do if i want to choose the way (number 2).

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stanley P. Walker

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If you are eligible to adjust status, you might choose option #2. However, you should consult with a qualified immigration attorney before making a decision. I do not mean this with any disrespect, but if something as simple as your check being incorrect was the reason for the rejection of the first packet, it might be a wise investment to have a trained professional represent you with what could easily be called one of the most important things you will ever do in your life. . You can find a qualified immigration lawyer in your area by searching at Best of luck to you.

  2. Madhu Kalra


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If visa is current for the category for the beneficiary, you are applying for, you could submit all other forms along with I-130, with the appropriate fees. Recommend consulting with an immigration attorney.

    Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.... more
  3. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Only immediate relatives or persons with a current Priority Date can choose Option 2 but if eligible no reason not to do this. You might consult with an immigration attorney to see what they would charge to guide you through the process so you don't make more mistakes.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277

    Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,906 answers this week

2,275 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,906 answers this week

2,275 attorneys answering