Dear Sir/Ma'am, I am an american citizen but I was deported in Japan in 2003...will I still be able to go back to visit Japan

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

Is there any chance that I will still be able to visit Japan?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not a US immigration law question. You need to ask a Japanese immigration attorney.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I have not seen a single Japanese attorney here on AVVO. I know nothing about Japan which goes far beyond the Japanese food I love. Sorry.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I am sorry to hear this.

    But, as Mr. Shusterman stated ... this not a question of US immigration law.

    I suggest you go to and search for a lawyer with a license in Japan.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,016 answers this week

3,074 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,016 answers this week

3,074 attorneys answering