Dear Sir/Ma'am, I am an american citizen but I was deported in Japan in 2003...will I still be able to go back to visit Japan

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Immigration

Is there any chance that I will still be able to visit Japan?

I am sorry to hear this.

But, as Mr. Shusterman stated ... this not a question of US immigration law.

I suggest you go to and search for a lawyer with a license in Japan.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Of all people, Mr Shusterman should know a thing or two about Japan.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Now now .. that's enough.

Not a US immigration law question. You need to ask a Japanese immigration attorney.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I have not seen a single Japanese attorney here on AVVO. I know nothing about Japan which goes far beyond the Japanese food I love. Sorry.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Immigration