Dear Lawyer, Hope you are well. My L1a visa will expire on July 23,2013. When shall I start renewal?How long does it take?TKS.

Asked over 1 year ago - Appleton, WI

My L1a visa was issued 1year validity and my wife L2 was 2 year validity but her I-94 was one year at the US entry. My business plan showed our subsidiary office will hire at least 5 staff, but no one was hired yet because business did not grow too much to cover the wages for new staff. Could I still have a chance to renew successfully without leaving US? Thanks

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . You can renew your visa 6 months in advance. Consult an attorney as if you are not in a true management position as opposed to doing daily tasks it will be difficult to renew.

2. Christian Schmidt

1

Answered . You can file an extension request up to 6 months prior to the expiration of your current status. Chances for success depend on facts that must be reviewed by an immigration attorney for an assessment of the case.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Before it expires.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.