Dealer's website shows lease terms for car I want (I have screenshot).Must they lease to me if their price is wrong/theirfault?

Dealer is in suburban Chicago. Their website shows all the terms for a lease on a car with the trim that I want. When I said that I wanted it, they said that the price was more than twice the amount advertised on the website. Do they have an obligation to lease that (new) car to me at the price advertised on THEIR OWN website? I would understand why they wouldn't have to honor a price advertised in a newspaper, but if it's their own website do they have to honor the price? I have a copy of the screenshot showing the terms;I am willing to lease on those terms. Shouldn't they have to honor the terms on their own website?

Champaign, IL -

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

Take the Ad to the Attorney General if you think it is false advertisting BUT, an Ad does not an offer make.

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Intellectual Property Law Attorney - Alton, IL

Taking the ad to the Attorney General will not help YOU. This seems like false advertising so you might see a civil litigation attorney about a possible class action. I suspect this is not going to be worth the effort, however, for you. Part of the initial inquiry is whether you would be reasonable in relying on the error or were you trying to take unfair advantage of something that was an obvious misprint or clerical error. My guess is that's the case, but if not then seeing the lawyer will get more specific feedback. I expect you will be told you have little or no case.