De Osorio Child Status Protection Act

Did the government file for an appeal to supreme court?

Toledo, OH -

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I am the attorney for Deosorio. The Justice Department has until tomorrow at 5pm, Eastern Time to ask for Supreme Court review. I will report whether or not they do so on our website.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I do not believe so. I checked the De Osorio 9th Circuit decision came out on September 26, 2012 I recall. If the Office of Immigration Litigation OIL) wanted to challenge the case, they have to file a Writ of Certiorari with the U.S. Supremen Court or if not the entire 9th Circuit court opined on the decision, they can ask for a hearing en banc (the entire court) The Supreme Court does not have to accept their request for a review (Certiorari). I don't recall reading anything to that affect but perhaps others on this site now better. Attorney Carl Shusterman who is also on this site represented one of the plaintiff's in that case.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I agree with Mr. Calehr ... Mr. Shusterman is 'the man' to talk to.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.