Dcf said to get rid of dad i have how long will reunification take? they have no bad on me just dads no good so is mum

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fiskdale, MA

started as truency then they changed to dad has record and drug habits dad stopped doing what dcf said has been put in jail i told dcf dad and i will not be reunifying i want my children back

1. Michael L Rich

Answered . If you want to know about reunification, that should mean there was a care and protection case filed by DCF. If I am correct, you should talk with your lawyer in that case about what you can do to speed up DCF's reunification plans.

It all comes down to how far along the case is, what DCF thinks about whether you acted quickly enough in getting rid of dad, whether they believe that you are not going to reunify with him, what other issues you may have to address, what type of placement your children are in and the progress they are making.

Talk to your attorney. If you do not have one, you should make an appointment with an attorney to discuss your case in detail from the point of first involvement with DCF through the present and anything before your involvement that could affect what you need to do to get your children back. It is too complicated and fact-based to deal with specifics in a context such as this.