DCF is opening a court case against parents

Orlando, FL |

Recently DCF came in while in orange county when I was charged with DV which was dropped and the pressure was on to file a police report and talk to DCF because of another county's purposal to take our daughter if they were notified again so DCF in another county(where the grandparents live) are opening a court case to apparently enforce DCF protocal which may mean fostering our daughter but to me sounds like a divorce order(parenting classes) and nothing(as usual) to help the family unite its principles and I am seeking legal representation when DCF has ordered my wife to seek false restraining orders(yes plural) and has only been under a notion that my wife had sustained abuse which was so vicously misrepresntated from the truth in previous restraining order hearings.What advice haveyou?

DCF seems to be going for child psychological abuse. Wife isn't talking to me and her parents treat me like dirt but wow all she does is lie to the system to take full custody of our daughter.

Well, my personal view, and it is exactly that - a pesonal view - not AVVO's - is that DCF is an extremely poorly run, in fact, dangerously managed and administered agency; and I question any action taken by that agency through its employees, contractors, and any other entity or individual affilliated with it, a priori.

I have had personal experiences with that agency, which employed my ex-wife as a supervising attorney for approximately fifteen years, and now contracts with the private agency to which she relocated let's call it but still serves in the same capacity on behalf of DCF, simply through a third party, and those experiences during our divorce proceedings resulted in the issuance of an order by the trial court which was upheld by the appellate court (the Fourh District Court of Appeal) which makes for some very interesting reading.

Feel free to contact me at (305) 972-5720, which is my cellular number. I am interested in hearing what happened to you and your family and will try to help you if I can.

Sincerely,

David B. Dohner, Esq.

We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation, or, if possible, will attempt to schedule a free thirty (30) minute initial office consultation. Neither this offer of a free initial consultation, nor the mere fact that the initial consultation may have ultimately been conducted, whether telephonically or at our office location, should be construed; assumed; interpreted; or understood by any individual who was granted a free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort whatsoever was tendered, to have formed or created an attorney-client relationship, or to have created any obligations owed by the attorney or attorney's firm to any individual who was given a free initial consultation, by the mere undertaking of the free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort was tendered to attorney or attorney's firm. The formation of an attorney-client relationship occurs through the process of negotiation between the prospective parties, the individual seeking legal representation, and the attorney, acting individually, or as an agent of a firm (the capacity in which the attorney is acting shall be disclosed to prospective client, if negotiations for legal representation in exchange for good and valuable consideration are undertaken by the prospective client and the attorney. If agreement is reached by and between the parties for legal representation after the mutually satisfactory negotiation of the agreement for legal representation, and all of its individual terms; the scope of representation to be provided by the attorney to the prospective client has been delineated to the mutual satisfaction of the parties; the manner of payment of good and valuable consideration by the prospective client to the attorney has been determined; and it has been conceded by the parties that all of those factors upon which agreement had been reached by the parties and which were recited herein, had been agreed upon by the parties only after careful consideration and sufficient review of the document styled Agreement for Legal Representation, and after it has likewise been conceded by the parties that each respectively had been presented with the opportunity to have the document reviewed independently by each respective party's personal attorney, or any other attorney of his or her chooosing. If the Agreement for Legal Representation contains terms regarding contingency fee agreement or agreements for payment to the attorney for all or a portion of his or her services and legal representation on behalf of the Client, Client concedes that he or she has been presented with an additional document entitled "Statement of Client's Rights", which is a document created by the Florida Bar and approved for use in matters in which payment in full or part, is tendered by contingency fee agreement. Please note that any commentary or response offered through this site is based on the limited set of facts and background data supplied by the individual framing the question and would in all likelihood require more investigation before a complete response could properly be framed to thoroughly answer the question posed. No attorney-client relationship is, or should be presumed to be, formed through the comments or responses provided to the individual posing the question, as a courtesy, here, through this forum, nor should any other duties or obligations be construed; assumed; or otherwise be inferred to exist and/or owed to the individual who posed the question by the attorney who provided the best guidance possible to said individual under the circumstances presented as they were, including the unreasonable assumption that a full and thorough legal analysis of an individual's situation could be formulated simply based on the minute portion of the entirety of the facts and circumstances surrounding any legal matter, which could in no manner possibly be presented here in such a form which would allow for a thorough analysis, evaluation, or legal opinion to be formed by the Attorney.

Despite the fact that you've listed a lot of the facts of your case, I'm sure that there are many more facts you haven't listed. You need to speak to an attorney experienced with handling dependency cases.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Get an aggressive attorney on your side. DCF frequently walks all over parents.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239