DCF is opening a court case against parents

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

Recently DCF came in while in orange county when I was charged with DV which was dropped and the pressure was on to file a police report and talk to DCF because of another county's purposal to take our daughter if they were notified again so DCF in another county(where the grandparents live) are opening a court case to apparently enforce DCF protocal which may mean fostering our daughter but to me sounds like a divorce order(parenting classes) and nothing(as usual) to help the family unite its principles and I am seeking legal representation when DCF has ordered my wife to seek false restraining orders(yes plural) and has only been under a notion that my wife had sustained abuse which was so vicously misrepresntated from the truth in previous restraining order hearings.What advice haveyou?

Additional information

DCF seems to be going for child psychological abuse. Wife isn't talking to me and her parents treat me like dirt but wow all she does is lie to the system to take full custody of our daughter.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Bradley Dohner

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Well, my personal view, and it is exactly that - a pesonal view - not AVVO's - is that DCF is an extremely poorly run, in fact, dangerously managed and administered agency; and I question any action taken by that agency through its employees, contractors, and any other entity or individual affilliated with it, a priori.

    I have had personal experiences with that agency, which employed my ex-wife as a supervising attorney for approximately fifteen years, and now contracts with the private agency to which she relocated let's call it but still serves in the same capacity on behalf of DCF, simply through a third party, and those experiences during our divorce proceedings resulted in the issuance of an order by the trial court which was upheld by the appellate court (the Fourh District Court of Appeal) which makes for some very interesting reading.

    Feel free to contact me at (305) 972-5720, which is my cellular number. I am interested in hearing what happened to you and your family and will try to help you if I can.


    David B. Dohner, Esq.

    We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation, or, if possible, will attempt to... more
  2. Brent Allan Rose

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Despite the fact that you've listed a lot of the facts of your case, I'm sure that there are many more facts you haven't listed. You need to speak to an attorney experienced with handling dependency cases.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy),... more
  3. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Get an aggressive attorney on your side. DCF frequently walks all over parents.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Related Topics

Criminal charges for domestic violence

Domestic violence is physically, sexually, emotionally, economically, or mentally abusive behavior used to control an intimate romantic partner.

Parental rights in child custody

Parental rights includes the rights a parent has in regards to his or her children. Mothers, fathers, and unmarried parents are sometimes treated differently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,490 answers this week

3,021 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,490 answers this week

3,021 attorneys answering