DCF is opening a court case against parents

Asked almost 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

Recently DCF came in while in orange county when I was charged with DV which was dropped and the pressure was on to file a police report and talk to DCF because of another county's purposal to take our daughter if they were notified again so DCF in another county(where the grandparents live) are opening a court case to apparently enforce DCF protocal which may mean fostering our daughter but to me sounds like a divorce order(parenting classes) and nothing(as usual) to help the family unite its principles and I am seeking legal representation when DCF has ordered my wife to seek false restraining orders(yes plural) and has only been under a notion that my wife had sustained abuse which was so vicously misrepresntated from the truth in previous restraining order hearings.What advice haveyou?

DCF seems to be going for child psychological abuse. Wife isn't talking to me and her parents treat me like dirt but wow all she does is lie to the system to take full custody of our daughter.

1. David Bradley Dohner

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Well, my personal view, and it is exactly that - a pesonal view - not AVVO's - is that DCF is an extremely poorly run, in fact, dangerously managed and administered agency; and I question any action taken by that agency through its employees, contractors, and any other entity or individual affilliated with it, a priori.

I have had personal experiences with that agency, which employed my ex-wife as a supervising attorney for approximately fifteen years, and now contracts with the private agency to which she relocated let's call it but still serves in the same capacity on behalf of DCF, simply through a third party, and those experiences during our divorce proceedings resulted in the issuance of an order by the trial court which was upheld by the appellate court (the Fourh District Court of Appeal) which makes for some very interesting reading.

Feel free to contact me at (305) 972-5720, which is my cellular number. I am interested in hearing what happened to you and your family and will try to help you if I can.

Sincerely,

David B. Dohner, Esq.

2. Brent Allan Rose

1

Answered . Despite the fact that you've listed a lot of the facts of your case, I'm sure that there are many more facts you haven't listed. You need to speak to an attorney experienced with handling dependency cases.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . Get an aggressive attorney on your side. DCF frequently walks all over parents.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239