Skip to main content

DCF/HKI successfully had my parental rights terminated & adopted by my mother; Where do I start to get them back?

Tampa, FL |

Case filed back in year 2005, I was much younger then and long story short accusations against me involved drugs, neglect, and so forth. Case plan was then set & our goal was REUNIFICATION. The entire time this was active my mother had me lie,lie & lie to each Investigator I came in contact with. Older now & with much clearer vision ( AND INDEPENDENT) I feel very much like her puppet more now then before. My mother also worked with DCF for 11years! Knowing the system in & out; what to say what to do! I HAD NO IDEA OF THE THINGS THAT I DO NOW! I want nothing more then to FIGHT this head on; but also in need of getting pointed in the right direction? DO I HAVE CHANCE TO GET MY CHILDREN BACK ? I went to req the whole case from DCF and was handed 5 pages with parts "blacked out,PLEASE HELP

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Unless DCF and you mother agree and your child, if old enough, then there is really no chance for you to get your child back once your rights have been terminated.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

  2. Unfortunately I agree with Ms. Morcroft that this will be very difficult assuming that DCF followed all the proper procedures. i am sorry about the situation.

    This information is provided as a public service to provide a general answer and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics