Daughters mort. co bounced a check for real estate taxes. All payments made on time. Ruined her credit by not reporting to

Asked 10 months ago - Glenside, PA

the credit bureau. mort.was passed to new servicer and new servicer wants her to pay missing escrow that she already had paid. She tried to refinance to unload these people but credit ruined because these people never reported her on time payments to credit bureau. She has proof of all mort. payments were made on time enclusive with all escrow. New servicer will not give her any answers just keeps getting passed from one dept to another. Very frustrating.

1. Jacques H. Geisenberger Jr.

3

1

Answered . My suggestion is that your daughter obtain from www.freecreditreport.com an up-to-date Credit Report from all three credit reporting services, Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union. Yes, they are provided free once annually. Take those reports to an attorney who normally represents consumers, relate the story and ask whether anything can be done to correct the situation you describe. Do not discuss further facts on AVVO as it is not protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you do not already have an attorney, you can find one on AVVO using the Find Lawyer feature.

If you think this answer is the best answer or was helpful, please mark it by clicking the "Best Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. If you wish please tell AVVO about me, please write a review. Thank you in advance.

2. Gregory Thomas Artim

3

Answered . Attorney Geisenberger's advice to obtain a consumer attorney is spot on. I am a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) which is a nationwide group of consumer attorneys. I would suggest that you visit their site at www.naca.net to find a consumer attorney in your area. Off the top of my head, I can suggest Joe Mullaney, Dan Deliberty, Robert Cocco, Michael Forbes or Larry Rubin. All are in your area and I am sure all would be willing to offer a case review.

3. Amy Lavonne Wells

Pro

1

Answered . My colleagues are correct. And you should definitely consult an experienced NACA attorney.

It is estimated that one in four consumers has an error on his/her credit report. The law is on your daughter's side. Federal law requires that the credit reporting agency ensure maximum possible accuracy when publishing your information. There are also mandates upon the furnishers of that information, but very specific steps must be followed.

Here is some information about steps your daughter can take to address the inaccurate information on her credit report. http://www.ohioconsumerhelp.com/sub/credit-repo...

As my colleague suggests, obtain a free copy of your credit reports from these credit bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com. I do not suggest other sites as doing so may compromise your daughter's ability to recover damages by waiving rights vis-a-vis the "fine" print.

Many consumer advocates will review your legal matter without charge or obligation. This is the best first step in protecting your legal rights, and understanding the protections available to you under state and federal law.

All the best to you and your daughter.