Daughter who is now 18 was raped weekly when she was a minor by DAD .

Laguna Hills, CA |

We live in caliph . She was raped weekly and molested for 10 years by her dad . Will he be prosecuted is there a statue of limitations to report this we live in caliph . She is now 18 and she just told me because she feared her life we told the police

1. There is a statute of limitations, but your daughter's case is well within it. Essentially the DA has one year from a report being made to law enforcement to bring charges if the original statute of limitations has expired. There is also another statute that allows charges to be brought within 10 years of the date of the incident(s) or no later than your daughter's 28th birthday. I've had clients charged child molestation involving incidents going back to to 1995 and 1996. So your daughter's case is well within the statute of limitations.

2. Mr. Farnia has provided you great information. It is extremely important that you contact the police on this matter as soon as possible.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

Child abuse topics