Daughter had to get mandatory flu shot for work and went into coma and now in permanent wheelchair for life. What can we do?

Buffalo, NY |

My 20 year old daughter at the time had a mandatory flu shot by work and she went into coma for 3 months and came out of it, had many operations twisted joints,had traumatic brain injury, and many other complications. She hired an attorney but stated there was a lot of medical politics involved and case fizzled. What was the proper way of handling this? She is pretty private about this, so I must proceed with caution about bringing this up. Want to know how to properly handle this?t This happened in Georgia but she is now living in Buffalo.

1. I suggest you post this in the GA Avvo section.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Injuries caused by vaccines are handled administrativly through the US Court of Federal claims, not as malpractice or personal injury lawsuits. Basically, the victim has to prove that the injury was caused by a covered vaccine and receives compensation. It is unnecessary to prove fault, although causation can be a challenge in some cases. It is easy enough to find a lawyer who handles such claims. Just google vaccine injury lawyer.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

3. Mr. Brophy is correct. The only exception would be if it were shown that the vaccine was improperly prepared or that it was accompanied by improper directions or inadequate warnings, which I assume your attorney investigated and found no evidence of it.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

4. A lawyer who has handled cases in DC's Court of Federal Claims should be retained.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. I agree with the prior responses. If you retain counsel he or he will be able to guide you through the facts of the potential case as well as what venue to file a claim in.