Daughter had to get mandatory flu shot for work and went into coma and now in permanent wheelchair for life. What can we do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

My 20 year old daughter at the time had a mandatory flu shot by work and she went into coma for 3 months and came out of it, had many operations twisted joints,had traumatic brain injury, and many other complications. She hired an attorney but stated there was a lot of medical politics involved and case fizzled. What was the proper way of handling this? She is pretty private about this, so I must proceed with caution about bringing this up. Want to know how to properly handle this?t This happened in Georgia but she is now living in Buffalo.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . I suggest you repost this in the GA Avvo section. There could also be federal preemption issues.

Pro

4

Answered . A lawyer who has handled cases in DC's Court of Federal Claims should be retained.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Joseph Gerard Dell

Pro

2

Answered . There is a very small risk that some people who receive the flu vaccine will have a neurological reaction to it. If she had such a reaction proving a case will be impossible as against the vaccines manufacturer. If the batch was tainted or recalled then the answer is very different. The case against the doctors and hospital requires an expert to review all of the relevant medical records to determine why she went into a coma. Why she has the inability to walk and the other neurological injuries. You also have strict time limits to have the case filed. If her first lawyer started a lawsuit but its been dismissed or discontinued then she will not be able to pursue the case. Timing is everything so I would need to know when the injection took place and then review the hospital records to determine what departures there may have been.