Skip to main content

Daughter desperately needs advice..on spouse abuse...

Lexington, TX |

38 years of marriage...husband refuses to give her money from paycheck orb deposit in joint account. needs legal advice a s a p

Attorney Answers 3


Get a lawyer to attach, garnish or freeze the account. It is very likely 50% her money. It isn't his decision to "give" her anything.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


The most obvious move would be a motion for spusal support.

The author provides the preceding information as a service to the public. Author's response, as stated above, should not be considered legal advice. An initial attorney-client conference, based upon review of all relevant facts/documents, will be necessary to provide legal advice upon which the client should then rely.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I have attached a link to a resource site for abused spouses - they should be able to locate assistance near your daughter. If he has abused her, then she needs to file criminal charges and seek victim's assistance.

If he has not abused or assaulted her, but is withholding lving expenses, and she cannot afford an attorney, contact Legal Aid, in the second link below.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics