Date of Last Entry into the US in Dept of Homeland and security stamp do not match Bureau of Immigration stamp ?

Binghamton, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

I was wondering if I could get some help regarding my OPT application.

I was confused regarding what date I should put under Date of Last Entry into the US (I-765 form). On my I-94 card its written 02/29/2013. But technically I entered on 03/01/2013 as there was no 29th Feb this year. And the Bureau of Immigration stamp on my passport is also of 03/01/2013. I am a little confused and thinking what date should I write on the I-765 form?

write the date you actually arrived with an addendum explaining the error. You can also ask the customs and border protection to change the date and issue you a new I94

I agree with my colleague ... use the 'real' date of 1 MAR 2013.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

This should not make a big difference. Put the date stamped on your I-94 Card by CBP.
You can provide both documents and explain that this is the same date because of leap year.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

Recommended articles about Immigration