DANGEROUS DRUG VIOLATION , DRUG PARAPHERNALIA VIOLATION ARE MY CHARGES . I DID NOT HAVE PARAPHERNALIA .J

Asked over 2 years ago - Tempe, AZ

HOW CAN THEY CHARGE ME WITH BOTH. IT WAS A OLD BAGGIE IN A OLD PAIR OF WORK PANTS MY EX BROUGHT OVER THAT HAD BEEN PACKED FOR OVER A YEAR..I GOT A TEMP JOB AND NEEDED WORK CLOTHES .HAVENT EVEN WORE THESE PAINTS IN 2 YRS.IVE BEEN CLEAN AND SOBER AND HAVE MANAGED A SOBER HOUSE FOR THE LAST YEAR..NO IM BEING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING I HAD NO CLUE I WAS IN POSSESSION OF.BUT HOW CAN THEY GIVE ME THE PARAPHERNALIA CHARGE

1. Answered . The authorities can do whatever they want. Here it sounds like they believe they have sufficient evidence to believe a crime was committed and you were the one who committed it. You have mitigating factors. You need a qualified, good, aggressive lawyer to represent you and advocate for you to get your circumstances across to the prosecutor, assuming given other facts, that is advisable. Consult an attorney directly.

2. Answered . I'm a little unclear - if there was a quantity of meth and a baggie, and whether or not they were together. If they were together or there was just a baggie, but you did not "knowingly" possess the drug or have the intent to store or conceal drugs in the baggie, then you are not guilty. Proving that is a different matter. If it's important to you, hire a lawyer and fight the case.

Law Offices of David A. Black
    40 N. Central Ave. Suite 1400
    Phoenix, AZ 85004
    (480) 280-8028

3. Answered . If the amount of drug was sufficient to test then you could be charged with a dangerous drug offense. If the drug was contained in the baggie then you could be charged with possessing the baggie as drug paraphernalia. You should consult with a criminal defense lawyer for their advice.